Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Regular Show

M loves "The Regular Show" - a cartoon about a blue jay and a racoon who work at a park.  I don't get it and I doubt I ever will but M loves it. What I've noticed and like is that I can use the show as a great examples of behaviors and emotional reactions with M.  Its opened up some good conversations and led to some great social skill practice because its more fun and interesting to  talk about the characters and episodes and M doesn't even realize what we're doing.

We are being hit with a wintery weather mix of sleet, freezing rain, snow and other cold, wet precipitation.  School is closed which wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have yesterday off for MLK day.  We've done all of our homework, we've read and we've watched everything on the dvr box already. Pulling out cards or a board game soon but I've got to psyche myself up for prepping M in case he loses.  Losing games is a huge weakness for him.  I'm fairly sure either Rigby or Mordecai hates to lose too so hopefully I can use that to head off a meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment